My Location in the world.....RIGHT NOW!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

South Korea

So ive been WAY behind in the blog front so time for some catch up! :o)


South Korea

I flew out of Mongolia for a short week in South Korea. I arrived and was VERY sick still from whatever I had picked up along the way. I got in early and found a hostel downtown which was central to everything. I went to explore the markets but didnt make it far before I headed to the Hospital. They think I have a parasite of some sort so I took some meds and went on my way.


The next day I was feeling MUCH better thankfully. I have met some great people at the hostal and one was Dave from LA. We headed downstairs and took a bus to the DMZ which is the demilitarized zone between North and South Korea. It was pretty cool. You arrive and see the area which is covered in barb wire and fences. The North Koreas tried to dig into South korea to attack it so you got to go down these amazing tunnels they built.




After that we saw the guarded boarded and a lot of history to the area.






We got back to Seoul and spent the day with some flight attendants we had met bumming around the city, going to tea houses, eating street food, was a cool day.






The next morning Dave and I went out for some grub and came back and meet our new travel buddies form the US Blake and Alan were chefs from the states. We hung out all day then went and god some swish swish or something like that for dinner.

The night proceeded to end in going out to a Korean club which was a blast!



The next day I spent getting lost in the city and then headed to the airport to head to Vietnam!



No comments:

Post a Comment