My Location in the world.....RIGHT NOW!

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, June 19, 2009

Kenya


Kenya



After Uganda I caught a 14 hour bus to Nairobi which is the Capital of Kenya. The ride was long but good. I got off the bus and walked to the Africa Hotel which was defiantly in the rougher part but for a few bucks a night I couldn't complain. It had hot water and I felt safe. I woke up early and headed to Karen. I took a local bus and a few mini buses later I arrived at the Sheldrake elephant and rhino orphanage.


This place was awesome. The have elephants who have lost there parents due to accidents in the wild or hunting. They work to rehab them so they can be brought back into the wild.

They do the same for Rhinos. They brought one out and we go to pet in and see them up close. Very cool.




From there I met a guy on the bus and we walked over to the giraffe park. This place was also awesome! Got to feed giraffes , pet them. Lot of fun.


I headed back to town and explored from there. I was read to bid Africa goodbye for now and head to India.




No comments:

Post a Comment